WriterToWriters and Mladen Reljanovic inspired me to compile what I know about storytelling and writing.
Another kick-ass penmonkey to ask for directions is Chuck Wendig, go check his terrible mind out! Or check him out! Sean Tuohy has some interesting things to say.
Writing Tips: (under construction- articles to come)
- Writing Voice and Inspiration
- creating a character
- Spiderweb of Understanding, Writing Emotions
- Cheat Sheet
- Genius Fabulae, the spirit in the story
- A man to do your bidding, on heroes
- The lonely road to a place called EVIL
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd person narrator vs. POV
- Line and sinker, on titles
- Stories have been told
- Origin, Function and Dysfunction
- Plot is a plot is a plot – (D, E)
- Gasoline to put out the fire – on conflict
- Writing habit (The When, the How and the What-for)
If you submit, your stories need a special format, if not stated otherwise on the submission page of the magazine/news/anthology – this is your way. Usually you can set your writing program (word, Pages…) to special templates.
- English: this is how it should look like: William Shunn.
- German: this is how you do it: Normseite, (wiki), Templates for Word and for OpenOffice; Or try here: Autoren-im-Web
Other resources: WritersWrite– (English), Writers in the Storm – (E), Dr Anette Huesmann -(Deutsch), Schreibwahnsinn -(D), Flash Fiction: The Drabble, Writing jobs: FreelanceWriting
Writing tips by fellow writers : with love
Poetry: Mommy’s little helper for the rhyme.
How to screenplay: a real blessing to a writer: Work of William C Martell